Job Opportunity: PROJECT LEADER FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SUPPORTS FOR ADULTS WHO USE LÁMH (Closing date extended)
This is a 3-Year Contract Post, Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
Lámh are seeking a Project Leader to work with adults who use Lámh and their peers and communication partners, to identify and develop supports and resources that will enhance communication and community interaction. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced person who will have the opportunity to initiate significant change for and with adults who use Lámh. The focus will be on consultation and development, building on local supports and creating models and resources that are self-sustaining.
The person: Will have in-depth knowledge and experience of Total Communication and the key issues involved. They will have a passion for supporting and facilitating change in the lives of people with disabilities. They will have significant experience in leading projects/initiatives, and will also have strong research skill, excellent communication skills, an ability to work on their own initiative, and to work well with individuals and groups.
- Carry out extensive consultation with key stakeholders and generate reports from these consultations, with particular focus on consultation with adults who use Lámh.
- Identify key areas for focus from consultation, and work on developments in key areas already identified, e.g. peer tutoring, training for Lámh users and building resources.
- Be the contact point for self-advocates, adults, peers, groups, Tutors, families, staff and key stakeholders during the above development period.
- Develop and design sustainable supports and programmes for adults using Lámh, involving continuing collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Identify where funding may be required, e.g. development of resources, and work to access funding and bring projects to fruition.
- In consultation with the Lámh Manager, identify, develop and carry out projects to develop resources, to include filmed material and other formats.
- Devise and implement a plan of action for the areas of peer tutoring accreditation for Lámh users.
- Work as part of the Lámh team, including taking part in key events.
Reporting to: Lámh Manager.
Region: Dublin area. There will be travel within the region.
Qualifications: Applicants must have an NFQ Level 7 qualification or higher in the following areas: Speech and language therapy, social care/sciences, psychology, nursing, special education, occupational therapy or other relevant area.
Key skills and experience
- Experience of working with people with communication needs in a key capacity.
- In depth knowledge of Total Communication approach and AAC.
- Experience in leading projects/initiatives.
- Knowledge of key approaches and legislation in this area.
- Commitment to the social model of disability.
- Experience of taking a key role in communication support for adults with communication needs.
- Report writing and experience of carrying out research.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Experience of working with Lámh users.
- Training in Lámh.
Salary will be at HSE Grade VI (Administration).
To apply, please send detailed CV and cover letter to:
Mary Cullen Lámh Manager
Lámh Development Office Innovation Centre Carlow I.T. Kilkenny rd. Carlow Ph. 059-9139657
Closing date for applications: 5pm 5th October 2017 (closing date extended)
Shortlising may apply