Lámh Development Officer - Job Advert
LÁMH DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
2 year Contract (may be extended) 35 hours per week (OR 28 hour week may be considered) Location: Carlow (with occasional travel)
The Lámh Development Office is located on the campus of Carlow I.T., Kilkenny Rd., Carlow. Last year, over 4,500 families and staff members attended Lámh training delivered by 220 Lámh Tutors and Family Trainers working in services around Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and versatile candidate to become a key part of the Lámh team. The person will be involved in the day-to-day workings of the organisation, the provision of information to stakeholders, will work on development projects and producing reports, and have a role in the organisation of events from time to time.
Key Tasks: •
- Take a key role in resource development
- • Take a key role in projects
- • Work in conjunction with Lámh Manager/Lámh Tutors/Working Groups
- • Carry out consultation with stakeholders when required
- • Work as part of the Lámh team
- • Writing reports
- • Content management of the Lámh website
- • A role in the day-to-day workings of the Lámh Development Office
- • Communicate with stakeholders
- • Provide information about Lámh training
- • Organise events and training courses from time to time.
Reporting to: Lámh Manager.
Location: Lámh Development Office, Innovation Centre, Carlow I.T., Kilkenny Rd., Carlow.
Key skills and experience
- Excellent computer skills.
- • Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- • Excellent communication skills.
- • Can work as part of a team.
- • Have a QQI Level 8 or higher in a relevant discipline, e.g. communications, education, training, development, disability studies or other relevant discipline.
- • Have experience of working in the non-profit sector.
- • Have knowledge of the key issues for people with disabilities in Ireland.
- • Experience in project work.
- • Commitment to the social model of disability.
- • Experience of report writing.
- • Experience of carrying out research.
- Experience of working with working with people with communication needs.
- • Experience in leading projects.
- • Training in Lámh.
- • Knowledge of key approaches and legislation in the disability sector.
Grade Clerical Grade VI HSE €46,308 - €52,818
**Queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org **
To apply, please send detailed CV and cover letter to:
Mary Cullen Manager
Lámh Development Office Innovation Centre Carlow I.T. Kilkenny rd. Carlow Ph. 059-9139657
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th April 2019.