Module One Lámh Course Online 22nd & 29th April 2021
Contact email@example.com to book and pay for your course place.
2-3 weeks before the course date, you will be registered for the self learning part of the course.
You must complete the online module before the date for your online zoom training session with your Lámh Tutor (it will take you 3 hours approximately to complete this).
Once you have completed the online self-learning part and the practical signing class with me, you will receive your certification.
This course is now available online.
This course is for staff working with children and adults, who use Lámh to enhance their communication. It is suitable for teachers, SNAs, social care workers, PAs and preschool staff and others, who work in mainstream and special schools, preschools, adult support services and other settings. The Course covers 100 Lámh signs and how to support a Lámh user.
No previous Lámh training required.
How does the online Module One Course work?
Our Module One online course is now up and running. The Module One Online course is divided into:
a self learning section for participants (approx, 3 hours)
1 or 2 live sessions with a Tutor, totalling 3.5 hours
The Module One Course covers:
- Module One Lámh signs (100+)
- Alternative and augmentative communication (AAC)
- Lámh – brief history and development
- Lámh signing environment
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Use the 100+ signs from the Module One Book
- Use Lámh as an effective communication tool
- Contribute to assessment or decision-making around Lámh use
- Participate effectively in an established Lámh environment.
Feedback from Module One Participants
'Very enjoyable comprehensive course'
'I liked hearing about experiences of using Lámh with other children with special needs'
- Combined Module One Handbook and Sign book (100 signs)
- Membership of Lámh Signs Online www.lamhsigns.org (100 signs with the option of adding additonal signs to membership if required)
- Module One Certificate
- Registration on the Lámh Module One database
Module One Certificate
This course is of most benefit to those who are using Lámh to support a Lámh user and their family currently, as they will have the opportunity to use the signs and skills acquired.