Module One Lámh Course in Galway
To book a place, please email Eileen on email@example.com
The course will run over 2 half days. Participants must attend on both sessions:
Session 1: Monday 23 rd July, 10am – 2pm Session 2: Tuesday 24th July, time to be confirmed
Closing Date for applications: 11 th July, 2018
Places on the course are limited, with priority being given to those currently working with people using Voices for Down Syndrome Galway services.
This course is for staff members and professionals who have started to work in an environment where Lámh is used and covers 100 Lámh signs and how to support a Lámh user.
No previous Lámh training required.
- Module One Lámh signs (100+)
- Alternative and augmentative communication (AAC)
- Lámh – brief history and development
- Lámh signing environment
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Use the 100+ signs from the Module One Book
- Use Lámh as an effective communication tool
- Contribute to assessment or decision-making around Lámh use
- Participate effectively in an established Lámh environment.
Feedback from Module One Participants
'Very enjoyable comprehensive course'
'I liked hearing about experiences of using Lámh with other children with special needs'
- Combined Module One Handbook and Sign book (100 signs)
- Membership of Lámh Signs Online www.lamhsigns.org (100 signs with the option of adding additonal signs to membership if required)
- Module One Certificate
- Registration on the Lámh Module One database
Module One Certificate
This course is of most benefit to those who are using Lámh to support a Lámh user and their family currently, as they will have the opportunity to use the signs and skills acquired.